Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Some new quadcopter videos

Well I've been a little busy with some work projects and I haven't gotten in much flight time.  What I have been doing is trying to get some of the footage together in to mini videos and uploaded.  I have been flying mostly my micro and smaller quads.  I was flying in the warehouse, but have now moved to flying in my office on my breaktime.

For all of my r/c videos, if you did not already know I am filming and editing on my iPhone.  I would edit on my iPad, but the raw footage is getting recorded at 720p with 120 fps, which the model iPad I have cannot process.  Could this be an excuse to get a newer iPad? Probably, but I could also drop the frame rate down.  We'll see how things go.  Anyways, here are the apps that I have been using:

  • ProCam 4 (I was using FiLMiC, but file names were not in standard Apple format.  But then there was an update and now ProCam 4 doesn't save file names in standard Apple format so I may go back)
  • Action Movie FX (I love making my r/c's blow up! Well with digital effects that is)
  • Pinnacle Studio (of all the video editing apps, this is the best that I have come across)
  • Apple iMovie (not as good overall as Pinnacle, but great for making some trailers using templates)
  • Exploder Cam (has some simple explosion effects, and a good teleport effect)
  • LumaFX (a recent app I came across to change the look of the video)
There are a few others that I have tried in the past, but these are my "go to" apps.  There are a few others that I have downloaded but haven't tried yet.  I'll list them if and when I get to them.

Recently for music, I have been using some video game soundtracks.  I have been using music from the DOOM and Quake franchises, and also some from the DOOM 2005 movie.  I do try to make sure that I give credit to the title that the music is used from.  If I do miss any or get credit wrong, please kindly let me know so I can make corrections.

So to make a long story short (too late!), here are 3 recent uploads.

Blade Inductrix office flight on 8-29-2016

Estes Proto-X office flight on 8-30-2016

Blade NanoQX office flight 9-6-2016

Remember, I do these for fun.  They are me just flying my quads, and trying to film it.  I'm not a super skilled pilot or videographer, but hopefully I will improve.  If you have any recommendations regarding the video side, please kindly let me know.  Right now, I'm just doing whatever I think of at the time.

Have fun and fly safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment