Sunday, October 20, 2013

Return of the Micro-T Monster

Well as monstrous as a Micro-T can get.  I have a new Classic Hauler body painted up black with some spider flames and a Monster Energy logo on the roof.  To get it to fit good, I had to trim the front bumper a little as I have the RPM Micro-T bumper installed.

I decided to go back to the aluminum arms and hubs that I had.  Once those were on, I put on the Micro-DT wheels.  They definitely look the monster part.  Might have to pickup the black chrome versions to go with the black body.  Since this is an off-road truck, I though I would change the shock springs to soft.  And they happen to be white for both front and rear.

While I was changing all of these things around, one of the motor wires broke off from its joint on the motor.  Oh great, this just isn't my week for micro R/C.  Well I still have the stock motor off the Micro Crawler.  They are the same size.  Got it out, put on the medium size pinon from the extra Micro-T parts, and mounted it.  Once all together, I drove it around.  With the stock Micro crawler motor, it still moves pretty quick.   I might actually consider putting on the large pinion for more speed.

Here it is all back together:

No comments:

Post a Comment