Saturday, September 7, 2013

An R/C update

Well a lot has happened for me in R/C since my last post.

McRC update:
I finally got my 4WS conversion completed and working, which also included upgrading to a brushless motor and LiPo battery.  This gives the little monster more power, longer run times, and some good maneuvers.  But before I could do a full run, something happened to my DX6i, and the rudder control was full right.  So I had to ship it to the transmitter in for service.  It's been out for 2 weeks, finally got repaired, and is on it's way back today.  Hopefully all is good and I can run my little crawler again.  Until then, here are a couple of "test" videos.

This is a run with original motor, battery, and ESC/Receiver:

This is with brushless motor and ESC, LiPo battery, and new receiver:


Venom Creeper:
With my DX6i out for repair, the Creeper was down.  I really needed to get a 2nd aircraft radio.  There's actually another reason for getting a 2nd radio, but later on that.  So I looked around and found a good deal for a Tactic RC TTX650 that came with 2 free receivers.  Checked the details on it, and it has two 3-position switches.  Perfect for the DIG unit.  Got it ordered and received before the DX6i was received at the service department.  After getting it in, swapped out the receiver and got everything setup.  It's nice to have the DIG unit on a 3-position toggle.



SCX10 Trail Honcho:


For my SCX10, I picked up a scale winch, round light buckets, and new bed siding.  I'm slowly working on getting these upgrades added.  And yes the scale winch is functional.  One thing that is nice, I can connect it to the receiver and control it through the transmitter.  Once these are on, the truck will look better.




While on vacation recently, we went up to St. George and I brought along my Creeper and SCX10.  I got some more crawling video as usual.  but I tried a new shot with the SCX10.  Once I get the videos all edited, I'll get them posted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment