Saturday, November 10, 2012

SCX10 new radio

I just received in a new radio that I will be adding to my SCX10, the Futaba 4PL 2.4GHz pistol radio:
This is their lower end, 4 channel, 2.4GHz, pistol grip transmitter.  It is a nice and lightweight radio, using only 4 AA batteries for power.  The 3-channel system I have it in now is good, but it does not have a 3 position switch for the 3rd channel.  Why would I need a 3-pos switch?  Well I plan to pick up a scale, working winch from RC4WD.  They are some nice looking winches, and a 3-pos switch would allow for easy operation.  And you can't have a scale off-road truck with out a working winch, can you?  And since this is a 4 channel radio that also just happens to have a 4WS mix, I have a new mod project on my 2013 list to give my SCX10 4WS capability.  Now I know there aren't many full size 4WD trucks, but since I do have the Proline Helios body (aka the Halo Warthog) having both a winch and 4WS will make for some great scale times.

Looks like I might have to postpone getting the awesome scale looking Axial Wraith Rock Racer kit.

Once I have performed the radio transplant, I'll work on getting another SCX10 video going.

Got Rocks, will crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment