Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Return of the Micro Monster: the movie

Finally got both parts of the movie completed and uploaded.  Hope you like them.
Part 1:

Part 2:

I ended up with a lot of footage on this little run.  Again this was another iPhone production:
  1. FiLMiC Pro to capture the video.
  2. iMovie for editing.
  3. Strip Designer for the title page.
  4. Acton Movie FX for the special effects shots.
  5. iPhone built in screen shot function to grab stills from video.
  6. Music from the Resident Evil live action movie soundtrack, ID Software's Quake 2 soundtrack, and from a couple of Film Riot episodes.
  7. Wi-Fi connected to upload to YouTube.
I still need to get into the mind set of videography.  I'm still not focusing on the actual capture details such as locked focus and locked auto exposure.  Once I get those down, I'm sure the quality will go up.  All in all, I still have fun shooting and driving (at least I'm not drinking and driving, but I guess shooting and driving really doesn't sound all that much better).

As I was cleaning up the files from my iPhone, I got an idea for a little short on this film.  I'm going to not give any details until it is together and uploaded.

Where will the Micro Monster strike next?

No comments:

Post a Comment