Sunday, June 3, 2012

My first 2-for.

At uploading crawling videos that is.  While monitoring the smoking grill, I decided to catch up on some video processing.

First up is the full length short film for Helios - Mission: Patrol:

This is the first time of using FiLMiC Pro.  I found that I need to lock the focus.  Having auto focus doesn't turn out too well.  I also need to verify that recording is on or off.  When hitting the first big rock, there was actually supposed to be more footage just before.  Unfortunately I ended up NOT recording the driving, and recorded the repositioning of the camera.  And I totally goofed up on paying attention to the shots.  I ended up with full size vehicles again.  Oh well.  Lessons learned for the next adventure.  This was done in iMovie, so sorry about the music.  iMovie doesn't have much of a selection for music, and I am not brave enough to use my music from iTunes.

I also ran into an issue trying to upload from the iPhone.  for some reason it kept failing.  iMovie never gave a clear reason why, but looking at the length I'm guess the phone couldn't handle the upload.  And yes it was connected to Wi-Fi.

Up next is a trailer for the Utah night crawling:

This time I locked the auto focus.  but with the setting Sun, I had a challenge with the lighting.  I didn't use the iPhone's flash at all as I didn't want to much extra light or light from a weird angle.  And I wanted the truck lights to show up good.  Also, the full size vehicles were on my watch list.  There shouldn't be any this time, but I'll know once I start diving into the full film.  This was a blast filming.  As I do more shooting and crawling, hopefully the videos will get better.

Off to crawl more!

No comments:

Post a Comment