Thursday, May 31, 2012

Utah Crawling 2012

This past weekend we went up to Utah, around the St George area.  We just spent a relaxing weekend.  I got in some late day crawling.  Pretty much just as the Sun was going down.  I ran the SCX10 Trail Honcho with all lights on, and got some video too.  The start had good lighting, but later as it got dark not so much.  This would be a down side to the iPhone being used as a video camera: not much low light recording without using the flash.  The flash/light was not used, as I wanted to try to make use of the surrounding light and get the truck lights to show up good.  The movie trailer is in the works currently.  I also did some crawling not captured on video.  Shooting video while solo crawling can be a little challenging.  Setting up the camera in the right spot at the right angle to get the shot I want can reduce the time of just crawling all over.

While not crawling, I did take some time to work on the Helios crawl movie.  I have found that having a bigger screen for iMovie editing would help greatly (maybe I can help sway Santa with a six-pack).  It's almost ready for upload.

The Creeper is in the "garage".  Finally started the remote diff lock mods.  For those not familiar, the Venom Creeper has lockable diffs and Venom (err...now known as Atomik RC for their RC vehicles) has an add-on kit to setup the diffs with remote lock/unlock abilities using a 3+ channel transmitter.  The mod that I am working on is relocating the servers from the stock mounting position on the chassis to a position on the axles.  Hopefully I can get this completed soon and try it out.  I am also going to re-setup the shocks back to stock setup.  Ooh! I hates messin' with shocks!  Without the anti-roll springs the body tends to tilt, a lot.  So much that a pinball machine would just fall apart from looking at it.  The last run with it at the in-laws, father-in-law asked why it was tilted.  Well, this is the technical reason why.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment