Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Winter Spider

Well it's actually my Tamiya TLT-1 with a new shell on it.  I used a Losi 1/18th Grappler body, painted it white, and dressed it up with some spider flames and a spider.  Turned out pretty good.  To get it running, I had to relocate some electronics.  So right now it has the following gear on:
  • 2 Towardpro MG946R servos for 4WS
  • Futaba MC230CR ESC
  • Tactic TR654 receiver
  • Tamiya stock motor (was not being used)
  • Onyx 3000mAh 7.2v NiMH battery
  • Tactic TTX650 transmitter
with it all together and setup to drive, I finally took it out for a drive in the front yard.  This little truck moves decent.  Here is the video:

I already have some updates in the works.  A new body has been trimmed, painted, decorated, and mounted.  This time I used a Team Associated SC18 Short Course Truck body.  It actually fits much better than the Grappler, and looks better too.  I painted it white and black, and used an old sticker set from another body.  I'm also working on getting some lights installed on it.  Problem is i have to make some custom light bucket mounts, so it may be a few months before I get them on.  In the meantime, I'll try to take out in the next coming weekends.  I may make one change and switch it over to the Spektrum DX3C gear.  I'll loose the on-demand front and rear steering, but the Tactic is going to the Honcho for some upcoming upgrades (more on that another time).

Happy end of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment