Sunday, November 17, 2013

R/C Garage

This month has been an R/C garage month.

Micro-T:
I have the HIGHroller conversion almost complete.  I just need to get the ESC/Receiver mounted and all should be ready.

SCX10 Trail Honcho:
The Honcho has been converted over to 4-link rear setup.  From what I have read on 3-link vs 4-link, this will give better articulation in the rear with no axle steer.  For the crawler that's already my best, this should just make it better.

SCX10 Dingo:
I installed a DIG transmission, but ran into problems with getting the rear back together. It seems that even though the SCX10 is listed as compatible, it appears that you need to have a specific setup. I got a few parts ordered to make it a 4-link rear setup (which I was planning on anyways), and hopefully this will work. If not I'm going to have to figure out how to fit the DIG transmission to the Trail Honcho.

TLT-1 Rockbuster:
I decided to get the TLT-1 up and running, so a rebuild was in order. With the manual in hand, I got the truck apart and back together.  Unfortunately this model is discontinued, so an extra belt and spur gear are not possible.  With that I put in a brushed system instead of going with brushless.  Now I just need to setup the electronics and take it for a run.

EXO Terra Buggy:
After not being satisfied with trying to use my Castle Creations Mamba Max setup in the Dingo and not wanting to put that powers the TLT-1, I decided to put it back on the EXO.  While I had the EXO opened, I changed out the spur gear.  Since I still don't want crazy speed so I changed to a 50/14 gearing.

E-Maxx:
The E-Maxx was making a loud noise after the last run, so I decided it is next up.  I got the gear cover off and one of the pinions slipped.  I got it set back on and used some tired lock on the screw.  While getting it back together the shocks looked dirty.  Time for a shock rebuild. Oh what fun. With the shocks apart , I decided to do the whole truck.  I hope I can get back together ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment